My alcohol addiction isn’t something I talk a lot about anymore. It seems like the more time I spend sober, the less I talk about it! (God willing, I will celebrate 8 years alcohol free March 3, 2022)
And the food addiction? Sadly, that’s something I “hide” from a lot of people… and that’s been an issue for many many years but since stepping into the body positive space, a few years ago, it’s definitely NOT something I openly admit or talk about.
But when my friend Kelly wanted to talk addiction and recovery, I jumped at the opportunity!
Check out the video below…
NOTE: explicit language around the 24-minute mark!!!
The book Kelly is reading from is Recovery: Freedom From Our Addictions by Russell Brand. (I am not so patiently waiting for my order of it to get here!)
I appreciate that Kelly openly talked about part of her food addiction – chewing and spitting. This was something I didn’t even know was a thing until Kelly talked to me about it. It is a lot more common than you may realize.
I talk about some of my eating issues – laxatives, diet bills, binging & purging.
More Addiction & Sobriety Conversations
On my podcast, The Your Shining Self Podcast, there are some episodes talking about addiction and recovery. You can check those out here:
- From All Day Mimosas To Sobriety
- From Hot Mess Alcoholic To an Empowered Woman Who Found Her Voice (My story)
- Releasing Guilt And Shame For Having A Son Who Is An Addict
- The Innocent Mistake That Could Have Cost Her Sobriety (My story)
- 7 Things I’ve Learned Over The Last 7 Years Being Sober (My story)
- What struggles did you face when you decided to get sober (My story)
- The 3 Things My Sobriety & Recovery Have Given Me (My story)
Side note: you may have heard us mention Twitch a few times in the video. You can find Kelly on Twitch here: NanaCreative 🙂
Do you struggle from addiction? Or have you struggled with addiction in the past? I would love to hear more if you’re willing to share! Leave a comment below or fill out the podcast guest form and maybe we can have a conversation for an upcoming podcast episode!