I decided it would be fun to write this post after reading a post a friend of mine did sharing weird and wacky things about herself.
Here we go, some fun and quirky things about me!
1. I can’t stand bread crumbs in butter.
2. There is a RIGHT way to put toilet paper on a toilet paper holder. (If I visit your place & it’s on wrong, I’ll change it!)
3. I have been engaged 3 times, twice to the same man (my son’s dad), but never married.
4. I only use Burt’s Bees chap-stick.
5. I cried when, not long after getting my drivers license, I hit a bird & it got stuck in the grill of my car. (Why a friend took a pic of this I have no idea. Why I still have this picture is beyond me – see it to the right, the red circle/arrow are the bird…creepy!)
6. Again, going along with the driving theme…not long after the above bird incident, I backed into a white post and chipped the green paint off the car. My little sister was with me so I decided to “bribe” her into not telling my mom & step dad – she made out like a bandit at the store that day. Guess what she did the second we walked through the door? Yep, she told anyway!
7. I was taken to Hawaii as my senior trip…but I was only in 10th grade when we went. I enjoyed all the sights on that trip. See for yourself 😉
8. I graduated from a very small school – there were 19 in my graduating class (k-12 was and still is all in one building) – Northern Michigan.
9. I’m a little OCD. As an example, my closet is organized in a very specific way:
(a) it starts with tank tops, then moves to short sleeve shirts, then long sleeve shirts & then sweatshirts
(b) the hangers have to go in a specific color pattern – pink, blue, pink, blue, pink, blue…you get the picture.
10. I once dyed my best friend’s hair (many many moons ago)…let’s just say dying hair & drinking Boone’s Farm wasn’t a good idea! Okay, okay, it really wasn’t that bad – although she may tell you differently.
11. I’ve had to use one of those bags on an airplane for people who get sick. It was an awful experience, I’ll spare you the details.
12. My son was 11 days over due!
13. That 11 days over due “baby” (who is now 20 at the time of this post) weighed in at 9 lbs. 13 1/2 oz. and was 22 1/2 inches long. I had a c-section (thank the Lord!).
14. I was named after a dead dog. Seriously. (Thanks a lot mom!)
15. I love tattoos & at the time of writing this, have 7 of them. My newest one is on my arm and I got it in June (2016) while on a business retreat with a couple friends:
16. I am lucky to be alive. I was in a horrible drunk driving accident in 1997. I was the drunk driver.
17. I’ve never broken any bones.
18. I was a cheerleader for several years.
19. I hate spiders. And snakes. Anything creepy crawly, I don’t like.
20. Bridges scare me. I live an hour from the ‘Mighty Mac’ (Mackinac Bridge) and have never driven over it because I’m too afraid. (It’s the longest suspension bridge in the Americas, with a total length of 8,614 feet suspended. It is currently the third longest suspension bridge in the world. ) (2018 – EDITED TO ADD: I HAVE DRIVEN OVER THAT BRIDGE LIKE A BADASS SO MANY TIMES NOW I LOST COUNT)
21. I’m petrified of public speaking…until I get a chance to grab a microphone and talk for a few minutes. Then I come alive and don’t want to give that mic up 😉
22. I love trying new things with my hair. Once I cut it short and had it dyed almost blonde. I figure it’s only hair and it’ll grow back/the color will grow out. Hmmm…speaking of hair, it’s time for something new!
23. I sometimes struggle with still being single. All I’ve ever wanted is to be a wife and a mom.
24. I have a quirky sense of humor and can easily amuse myself. These pics are proof of that…
YOUR turn! Share with me some fun facts about you below in the comments section. Or better yet, write a post like this and then leave a comment with a link to your post!
Don’t ever let anyone dull your sparkle!