I decided it would be fun to write this post after reading a post a friend of mine did sharing weird and wacky things about herself.
Here we go, some fun and quirky things about me!
1. I can’t stand bread crumbs in butter.
2. There is a RIGHT way to put toilet paper on a toilet paper holder. (If I visit your place & it’s on wrong, I’ll change it!)
3. I have been engaged 3 times, twice to the same man (my son’s dad), but never married.
4. I only use Burt’s Bees chap-stick.
5. I cried when, not long after getting my drivers license, I hit a bird & it got stuck in the grill of my car. (Why a friend took a pic of this I have no idea. Why I still have this picture is beyond me – see it to the right, the red circle/arrow are the bird…creepy!)
6. I’ve been snipe hunting. (Google it!)
7. I was taken to Hawaii as my senior trip…but I was only in 10th grade when we went. I enjoyed all the sights on that trip. See for yourself 😉
8. I graduated from a very small school – there were 19 in my graduating class (k-12 was and still is all in one building) – Northern Michigan.
9. I’m a little OCD. As an example, my closet is organized in a very specific way:
(a) it starts with tank tops, then moves to short sleeve shirts, then long sleeve shirts & then sweatshirts
(b) the hangers have to go in a specific color pattern – pink, blue, pink, blue, pink, blue…you get the picture.
10. I like to dip bread with butter & peanut butter into a bowl of steaming hot chicken noodle soup. (Don’t knock it until you’ve tried it!).
11. I’ve had to use one of those bags on an airplane for people who get sick. It was an awful experience, I’ll spare you the details.
12. My son was 11 days over due!
13. That 11 days over due “baby” (who is now a 20 something adult at the time of this post) weighed in at 9 lbs. 13 1/2 oz. and was 22 1/2 inches long. I had a C-section (thank the Lord!).
14. I was named after a dead dog. Seriously. (Thanks a lot mom!)
15. I love tattoos & at the time of writing this, have 7 of them. My newest one is on my arm and I got it in June (2016) while on a business retreat with a couple friends:
16. I am lucky to be alive. I was in a horrible drunk driving accident in 1997. I was the drunk driver.
17. I’ve never broken any bones.
18. I was a cheerleader for several years.
19. I hate spiders. And snakes. Anything creepy crawly I don’t like.
20. Bridges scare me. I used to live an hour from the ‘Mighty Mac’ (Mackinac Bridge) and have never driven over it because I’m too afraid. (It’s the longest suspension bridge in the Americas, with a total length of 8,614 feet suspended. It is currently the third longest suspension bridge in the world. ) (2018 – EDITED TO ADD: I drove over that bridge like a badass so many times, before moving, that I lost count & now regularly drive over bridges here in Oregon/Washington State)
21. I like splashing in mud puddles.
22. I love trying new things with my hair. Once I cut it short and had it dyed almost blonde. I figure it’s only hair and it’ll grow back/the color will grow out. Hmmm…speaking of hair, it’s time for something new!
23. I tried pole dancing… and yep, I did that as a FAT woman! (Kudos to the strippers out there & those that pole dance regularly because holy hell was that brutal on my body! It was awkward and a hell of a lot of fun!)
24. The 80s music still rocks – this genre will probably always be my fave!
25. I can crow like a rooster – don’t ask!
26. I once slithered on the floor like a snake. Again, don’t ask.
27. I talk to my dog like he’s human; whether he answers me back or not is not up for discussion 😉
28. I love the feel of a paperback book in my hands. Oh and the smell of a new book!
29. I’m queen of selfies… that’s a self-professed title of course. (Ask my step dad who saved a selfie pic I took way before they were a thing! I used an actual camera, flipped it around to point at me & took a selfie!) 😉
30. I have this ridiculous fear of outhouses… and that a snake is going to bite me in the ass. Not to mention eew they just stink!
31. In 2018 I packed everything I could get into my VW Beetle and moved cross country from Michigan to Washington State. To be with my boyfriend. Whom I met online…
32. I have a quirky sense of humor and can easily amuse myself. These pics are proof of that (oh hey look – selfies – imagine that!)…
You’re Still Reading So You Must Think I’m Pretty Cool 😉 So, wanna Keep In Touch? Of Course You Do 😉
Then be sure to drop your name and email address below.
There may just be a freebie waiting in your welcome email if you do sign up…
Hey, who doesn’t like freebies?! 😉
I won’t spam you, I promise… because eeew spam, I hate it just as much as everyone does!
Remember, never let anyone dull your sparkle gorgeous! Keep on shining.