I decided it would be fun to write this post after reading a post a friend of mine did sharing weird and wacky things about herself.
Here we go, some fun and quirky things about me!
- I can’t stand bread crumbs in butter.
- There is a RIGHT way to put toilet paper on a toilet paper holder. (If I visit your place & it’s on wrong, I’ll change it!)
- I have been engaged 3 times, twice to the same man (my son’s dad), but never married.
- I only use Burt’s Bees chap-stick.
- I cried when, not long after getting my drivers license, I hit a bird & it got stuck in the grill of my car. (Why a friend took a pic of this I have no idea. Why I still have this picture is beyond me – see it to the right, the red circle/arrow are the bird…creepy!)
- Again, going along with the driving theme…not long after the above bird incident, I backed into a white post and chipped the green paint off the car. My little sister was with me so I decided to “bribe” her into not telling my parents – she made out like a bandit at the store that day. Guess what she did the second we walked through the door? Yep, she told anyway!
- I was taken to Hawaii as my senior trip…but I was only in 10th grade when we went. I enjoyed all the sights on that trip. See for yourself 😉
- I graduated from a very small school – there were 19 in my graduating class (k-12 was and still is all in one building).
- I’m a little OCD. As an example, my closet is organized in a very specific way:
(a) it starts with tank tops, then moves to short sleeve shirts, then long sleeve shirts & then sweatshirts
(b) the hangers have to go in a specific color pattern – pink, blue, pink, blue, pink, blue…you get the picture.
- I once dyed my best friend’s hair (many many moons ago)…let’s just say dying hair & drinking Boone’s Farm wasn’t a good idea! Okay, okay, it really wasn’t that bad – although she may tell you differently.
- I’ve had to use one of those bags on an airplane for people who get sick. It was an awful experience, I’ll spare you the details.
- My son was 11 days over due!
- That 11 days over due “baby” (who is now 18 at the time of this post) weighed in at 9 lbs. 13 1/2 oz. and was 22 1/2 inches long. I had a c-section (thank the Lord!).
- I was named after a dead dog. Seriously. (Thanks a lot mom!)
- I love tattoos & at the time of writing this, have 7 of them. My newest one is on my arm and I got it in June (2016) while on a business retreat with a couple friends:
- I am lucky to be alive. Seriously. I was in a horrible drunk driving accident in 1997. I was the drunk driver.
- I’ve never broken any bones.
- I was a cheerleader for several years.
- I hate spiders. And snakes. Anything creepy crawly, I don’t like.
- Bridges scare me. I live an hour from the ‘Mighty Mac’ (Mackinac Bridge) and have never driven over it because I’m too afraid. (It’s the longest suspension bridge in the Americas, with a total length of 8,614 feet suspended. It is currently the third longest suspension bridge in the world. )
- I’m petrified of public speaking…until I get a chance to grab a microphone and talk for a few minutes. Then I come alive and don’t want to give that mic up 😉
- I love trying new things with my hair. Once I cut it short and had it dyed almost blonde. I figure it’s only hair and it’ll grow back/the color will grow out. Hmmm…speaking of hair, it’s time for something new!
- I sometimes struggle with still being single. All I’ve ever wanted is to be a wife and a mom.
- I have a quirky sense of humor and can easily amuse myself. These pics are not only proof of that, but could be why I’m still single 😉
YOUR turn! Share with me some fun facts about you below in the comments section. Or better yet, write a post like this and then leave a comment with a link to your post!
Don’t ever let anyone dull your sparkle!