It’s not often you’ll find a business related post here on the blog, but when it comes to the Stretch Yourself Content Marketing Challenge I can’t help but not post about it. The Stretch Yourself Challenge (SYC) is on it’s 11th anniversary and I’ve participated every year except for maybe two or three at the most. So that right there should tell you something 😉
Why I’m Excited To Participate & Stretch
Anytime I step up and stretch outside my comfort zone there’s a bit of ‘unease’ because let’s be honest, my comfort zone & I are besties and I like chillin in that box I’ve built that makes me feel so safe and comfortable.
Now, having said that it also gets pretty lonely and boring in that comfort zone. Staying there means I often find myself stuck in a rut, not moving my biz forward and sadly not putting more of what I want in the world out there!
And that’s why I’m excited to participate – because it pulls me out of the rut, gets me excited and revived and ready to go all out in biz! And what happens each year during the challenge, is said best by the host (and my coach & friend):
Magic is made in this Challenge every year. -Kelly McCausey (SYC Founder & Host)
It really is a magical experience each year! One of my favorite things is the comradery of the community. Everyone supporting each other and when needed, gentle butt kickin’s are given too 😉 Friendships are formed, joint ventures created, and more!
21 Different Challenges To Choose From
Each one of the challenges gives you a time frame to complete it and an intimidation factor.
For example here’s a peek at what challenge one looks like. It shows you the time frame it’ll take and the intimidation factor and then a little blurb about it working with other challenges.
The different intimidation factors you’ll find for the challenges:
And here are the different challenges to choose from:
- Challenge #1: Set Up Google Analytics Reporting (NEW in 2020)
- Challenge #2: Share Your Expertise & Promote It Like Crazy!
- Challenge #3: Create A Collaborative Blog Post (NEW in 2020)
- Challenge #4: Tackle A Dedicated Affiliate Promotion (NEW in 2020)
- Challenge #5: Tackle A Content Refresh (NEW in 2020)
- Challenge #6: Hold a Webinar or Teleseminar To Grow Your List
- Challenge #7: Host a Facebook Live Series
- Challenge #8: Offer & Host A Group Coaching Intensive
- Challenge #9: Create a Small & Mighty Gift Report
- Challenge #10: Make an Intentional Connection
- Challenge #11: Start A Facebook Group
- Challenge #12: Gather & Publish Testimonials
- Challenge #13: Host A One Day Virtual Summit
- Challenge #14: Choose A Live Event To Attend
- Challenge #15: Volunteer/Apply To Speak Live
- Challenge #16: Participate in a Bundle Sale or Giveaway
- Challenge #17: Plan A Microcontinuity Membership Program
- Challenge #18: Set Up A Tripwire Offer
- Challenge #19: Start a YouTube Channel (NEW in 2019)
- Challenge #20: Create A Tiktok Account & Post Three Times (NEW in 2020)
- Challenge #21: Create A Twitch.TV Account & Stream Three Times (NEW in 2020)
I Recommend The SYC Because…
Wherever you are right now – whether you’re a blogger, podcaster, coach, consultant, etc. I can guarantee there is probably some area you are playing small in because you’re letting the inner trickster… I call it my inner witch with a capital B 😉 play like a broken record over and over again. It probably sounds something like this:
I’m not smart enough to do ____
Why would people listen to me if I did ____
I can’t get on camera or go live because I don’t like the way I look (or I don’t like the way my voice sounds)
I’m too scared to ____
And on and on it goes.
The SYC will help you see what all that is – trickster trying to keep you chained to your comfort zone and ‘stuck’ where you are – and how to silence those thoughts and step into showing up powerfully for your community.
But most of all, I recommend SYC because…
It’s worth it.
You’re worth it.
But more important than that, people need you and your message!
Let me repeat that one more time for those in the back that didn’t hear it the first time…
PEOPLE NEED YOU & YOUR MESSAGE!
Yep, that’s right, your message is needed and people are waiting for you to step up and give them what they want (and need)! All you have to do is show up, be you and show your expertise by sharing your message. And I guarantee it’ll help you attract your tribe!
An Invitation for You
If you’re tired of holding back and playing small when it’s clear you’re meant for bigger and better then I highly encourage you to accept this invitation and pick up a copy of the Stretch Yourself Challenge self-study guide! The great thing about the challenges is they are something you can do at any time of the year!