Self-love is something I find, in many different conversations, that most women don’t have! They believe they can’t love themselves because they don’t “fit” what society tells us women should look like – thin and beautiful. So it’s not surprising the diet industry is a $70+ billion-dollar market! 🙄
That’s a story for a different day, though.
Today, I’m chatting with special guest Martina Wall who used to suffer from self-hate and had this to say:
“I looked in the mirror one day after I was close to that kind of goal that I had in my mind and I still hated myself just as much as I did a hundred pounds heavier. And that’s when I realized that something had to change…”
I too have suffered from self-hate.
So that brings me to the question…
Self-Love: Can It Be Taught?
Absolutely! 100%! Both Martina and I have gone through our own journeys of self-hate to self-love.
And that’s why I wanted to chat with Martina about self-love because it’s such an important topic and something we’re both so passionate about helping other women with – loving their imperfectly perfect selves.
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- When self-hate started for Martina
- The life-changing moment Martina experienced
- The one big element to finding self-love at any size
- Self-love isn’t a check the boxes type of scenario where you just need to do this and this and then I will love myself forever and ever
- Learning to love your imperfectly perfect self involves two things and Martina shares what those are
Self-Love Resources Mentioned
- Positive Self-Talk Daily Affirmations (text messages)
Self-Love Book Recommendations
We didn’t talk about this during the episode, but I wanted to share some of my favorite books with you that are worth reading! 🤩 I kept the list to just 5 books but man, it was hard to choose just 5!
- The Self-Love Experiment
- The Body Is Not An Apology
- The Gifts of Imperfection
- Spirit Junkie: A Radical Road to Self-Love and Miracles
- Year of Yes: How to Dance It Out, Stand In the Sun and Be Your Own Person
Connect with Martina:
- Social Media
Hi I’m Martina…mystic self-love guide empowering women to find self-love at any size through many different holistic approaches like yoga, meditation, crystals, aromatherapy, mindful eating & journaling. After going on my own journey of self-hate to self-love I now am helping women to find their own magic & stand beside them through their self-love journeys! You can find me over at MartinaHealthAndWellness.com
Did You Like This Episode?
If you enjoyed this episode, would you do me a favor?
Don’t Miss An Episode!
If you want to ensure you don’t miss another episode, simply enter your name and email address on this form here! You’ll receive an email each time a new episode goes live 🙂