Self-love is something I find, in many different conversations, that most women don’t have! They believe they can’t love themselves because they don’t “fit” what society tells us women should look like – thin and beautiful. So it’s not surprising the diet industry is a $70+ billion-dollar market! 🙄
That’s a story for a different day, though.
Today, I’m chatting with special guest Martina Wall who used to suffer from self-hate and had this to say:
“I looked in the mirror one day after I was close to that kind of goal that I had in my mind and I still hated myself just as much as I did a hundred pounds heavier. And that’s when I realized that something had to change…”
I too have suffered from self-hate.
So that brings me to the question…
Self-Love: Can It Be Taught?
Absolutely! 100%! Both Martina and I have gone through our own journeys of self-hate to self-love.
And that’s why I wanted to chat with Martina about self-love because it’s such an important topic and something we’re both so passionate about helping other women with – loving their imperfectly perfect selves.
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- When self-hate started for Martina
- The life-changing moment Martina experienced
- The one big element to finding self-love at any size
- Self-love isn’t a check the boxes type of scenario where you just need to do this and this and then I will love myself forever and ever
- Learning to love your imperfectly perfect self involves two things and Martina shares what those are
Rather read than listen? Here’s the transcript for this episode.
Self-Love Resources Mentioned
- Positive Self-Talk Daily Affirmations (text messages)
Self-Love Book Recommendations
We didn’t talk about this during the episode, but I wanted to share some of my favorite books with you that are worth reading! 🤩 I kept the list to just 5 books but man, it was hard to choose just 5!
- The Self-Love Experiment
- The Body Is Not An Apology
- The Gifts of Imperfection
- Spirit Junkie: A Radical Road to Self-Love and Miracles
- Year of Yes: How to Dance It Out, Stand In the Sun and Be Your Own Person
Connect with Martina:
- Social Media
Hi I’m Martina…mystic self-love guide empowering women to find self-love at any size through many different holistic approaches like yoga, meditation, crystals, aromatherapy, mindful eating & journaling. After going on my own journey of self-hate to self-love I now am helping women to find their own magic & stand beside them through their self-love journeys! You can find me over at MartinaHealthAndWellness.com
Did You Like This Episode?
If you enjoyed this episode, would you do me a favor?
Share it with others, leave a comment/review or subscribe: Amazon | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | iTunes
Don’t Miss An Episode!
If you want to ensure you don’t miss another episode, simply enter your name and email address on this form here! You’ll receive an email each time a new episode goes live 🙂